Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pumpkin Spiced Affagato

Pumpkin Spiced Affogato











Recently I was contacted by the kind people at Idylc Homes to see if I wanted to try their Kona French press and use it in one of my videos if I liked it.  Since my blog and Youtube channel have always been about creating recipes, I agreed to try it out and use the coffee in a recipe video. 

My reward was a new French press to add to my collection.  And your reward is a quick recipe for the easiest holiday spiced dessert you’ll ever make.  

Affogato is a classic Italian dessert that simply translated means drowned.  The name is fitting since affogato typically has two ingredients: ice cream and strong coffee or espresso to drown it.

I’ve taken this affogato one step further by borrowing the flavors of Starbucks pumpkin spiced latte and tossing some pumpkin pie spice into the mix.  This is perfect for pumpkin lovers everywhere.

If you’re using espresso in the recipe, then French pressed coffee is the only way to go.  It produces a smooth strong coffee that you'll never get in a drip machine.  

The Kona press worked well.  I think it can closest be compared to the Bodum press I have.  But the design on the carafe holder on the Kona press has a nicer design in my opinion. If you don't have a French press you might want to consider picking one up.













Idylc homes sent me 15% off discount code for me to pass on to you:    NSOA5WZQ  
The code is set to expire in November of 2015


The model I used can be found at Amazon HERE.

But the real star here is the affagato recipe.  It's actually so simple it's hard to call it a recipe but it's elegant enough to serve to company.

Pumpkin Spiced Affogato
Servings 2

Ingredients
  • 2 shots of espresso or strong French press coffee (I used the Kona French Press)
  • 1 ½ cups of premium ice cream (I used Haagen Dazs Vanilla Bean)
  • pumpkin pie spice (I used Mc Cormick’s pumpkin spice blend)

Video Tutorial




Instructions
  1. Add ¾ cup of ice cream into a serving glass or coffee cup.
  2. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice
  3. Pour over a tall shot glass of strong coffee.
  4. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and coffee bean if desired.


3 comments:

  1. In order to understand our selves, we must first understand gluten-free. At one stage or another, every man woman or child will be faced with the issue of gluten-free. Until recently considered taboo amongst polite society, there are just not enough blues songs written about gluten-free. Since it was first compared to antidisestablishmentarianism much has been said concerning gluten-free by so called 'babies', trapped by their infamous history. In the light of this I will break down the issues in order to give each of them the thought that they fully deserve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I understand your agenda but I do support free speech.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...