|Red Velvet Cheesecake Frosted Dark Chocolate Brownies|
Dark Chocolate Brownies with Red Velvet Cheesecake FrostingPrep time: 10 min
Bake time: 35 min
· 3.5 oz intense dark chocolate, chopped
· ½ cup butter, sliced into pieces
· 1 ½ cups sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla
· ½ cup apple butter
· 3 eggs
· 1 cup gluten free bisquick
· ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
Red Velvet Cheesecake Frosting Ingredients
· 16 oz cream cheese
· 1 stick butter
· 2 cups of powdered sugar
· 1 tbsp cocoa sifted
· 5-10 drops red food coloring depending on the color you want
· 1 tsp Vanilla
Instructions for the Brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C) and line a 9x9 inch or 7x11 inch pan with parchment paper sprayed with nonstick spray.
2. For the brownie batter add the chocolate and butter to a microwave safe bowl that’s large enough to mix the entire batch, then microwave it on high 1-2 minutes depending on your machine. But you’ll have to stop the microwave every 30 seconds and stir in between each session.
3. Once you have the chocolate and butter well mixed stir in the sugar, vanilla, apple butter, and eggs then blend it all together until you have it nicely combined. The batter will already look pretty thick even before adding the dry ingredients yet.
4. Switch over to a rubber spatula, add the dry ingredients to the bowl, and stir together the wet and dry ingredients until you have it well combined.
5. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared brownie and spread it out evenly then bake them in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
6. When you remove them from the oven allow them to cool to room temperature before refrigerating to chill completely for a few hours.
Instructions for the Frosting
1. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream the softened butter and cream cheese until well combined.
2. Add the vanilla sifted cocoa powder, and confectioner’s sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
3. Add as much red food coloring as you need to get the red velvet shade that you’re happy with….I used about 10 drops but mine was a little light.
4. Load the icing into a piping bag with a large star tip and pipe on as much frosting as you want.
5. To see the chocolate decorations being piped onto the parchment paper, watch the video tutorial.