|Risotto Herb Fritters and Pan Seared Shrimp|
These Risotto Herb Fritters turn yesterday’s dinner into an upscale appetizer or delicious lunch out. It’s the perfect way to transform the cold clumpy mess that was last light’s risotto into hot crispy fritters that definitely don’t look like leftovers. And since these fried rice patties make a perfect brunch item, they’re great for weekend guests. You can make a batch of risotto for an evening dinner and use the leftovers to make an impressive plate the next day.
Risotto Herb Fritters
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 minutes
- 2 ½ cups cold leftover risotto (see note)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Old bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cold risotto into a bowl that’s large enough to stir the ingredients. Use a large serving fork to stir the risotto to loosen it up so it will be easier to stir in the other ingredients.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and scallions.
- Lightly beat the eggs together with all the spices then stir it into the rice mixture and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add a little butter, to a large well-seasoned cast iron skillet or a nonstick pan, over a medium heat then add 1/4 cup measures of the mixture, then flatten to form patties.
- Let them fry for 3-5 minutes or until they’re golden on the first side then flip and let them go an addition 1-2 minutes or so on the second side and serve.
- See the video above for serving suggestions. The mini fritters shown at the end of the video are topped with a spicy mayo made by stirring together (2Tbsp mayo, 1 Tsp. sambal sauce, and salt to taste) and pan seared shrimp that was marinated in (crushed garlic, old bay, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and olive oil)
- Use your own leftover risotto recipes or click on my recipes here: